The READY web portal is a platform for instructors to manage courses and view student performance. Open the portal in a web browser at readyvirtualreality.com. (Supported browsers are Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Microsoft Edge.)
There are three types of users: Admins, Instructors, and Students
- Admins: have complete access to all classes and can manage all types of users within an organization.
- Instructors: can access the web portal and the training application, can create classes, add and remove students and other instructors, and view performance for all classes they can access.
- Students: can access assigned classes in the the training application, but they cannot create classes, invite other students, or see the performance screen.
Upon login, instructors will see their list of accessible classes. A class consists of instructors, students, and how the students performed within the class.
Instructors will have three main steps:
- Create a class
- Add students
- View student performance
Using the Portal
Select a class name to begin or select Add Class to create a new class.
- When adding a new class, first choose a module that defines the structure of the class. The module menu is populated based on the modules available to your organization.
- Provide a class name which should make sense to both students and instructors. The class can be renamed at any time.
Once the class is saved, you can open it and start adding students and other instructors.
- The users screen allows instructors and students to be added by clicking Add Instructor or Add Student.
- Enter individual email addresses or paste in multiple emails separated by commas.
- New users will get an email with a link to access the portal. Their status shows Invited until they have accessed the portal the first time.
The Performance screen provides detailed metrics on the progress and performance of each class and student to help identify not only who is engaged and doing well, but more importantly identify who is struggling and where in the module they need help. Instructors can export detailed data in spreadsheet format.
How to remove users
- Click the icon to the right of a user’s name and select Remove. Access is removed for both the training experience and the portal. Users can be added again at any time.
How to move users from one class to another
- Remove the user from their current class, then add them to a new class. Or add them to the new class first, then remove them from the old class. Either order of operations has the same result.
How to reset your password
- Visit app.readyvirtualreality.com and select the Forgot Your Password? link to reset your password.